Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Ron, a record collector (with script)

Hey!

This is the video we recently saw in the class about a vinyl record enthusiast called Ron. Find below it the script, so you can follow it more easily.



Script
I collect records. Mostly, my collection really got grew out of my uncle and mother’s collections. And they basically collected Soul records from the seventies. And that’s really where I started was just sort of appropriating their collections into my collection; 
I’ve been a DJ for about 15 years. Anything with soul I’m really into, I kind of dig that. This is the first record I bought; believe it or not: the first album I actually purchased with my own money. 
I recently completed my Amy Lee Charade collection, which I’m very very happy with, so sometimes I create new challenges for myself. I think icons from the 80’s; I’m really interested in those things. 
The record that took me the longest to find was “Sardines and Pork and Beans” by The Junkyard band: I felt like I had ended a life-long quest for something that would give me endless happiness, and that’s exactly what I did; I almost passed out: I stood there like just trembling, I literally dropped to my knees… It was like the Holy Grail, you know what I mean? I just feel like I… I pulled it out, I smelled it, and I was just like “I can’t believe like that this is it”. 
The thing that I’m doing now is to get mint condition records or copies of the top 100 records that I have, that I think are sort of my desert island classics, and then I’m going to frame those and put them throughout my estate that I’m sort of working on now acquiring. So, once I get my estate then I’ll have these 100 albums in perfect condition, on the wall, that’ll be that. 
All my Soul friends will be really pissed I’m holding up a disco record right now! What’s in your collection?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment