Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Whatsapp on Trial!: 10 Signs you are addicted to Whatsapp


Hey!

I'm copying here an interesting article I found on the web. Pretty much like the naked truth. So true it hurts. Check it out!

10 SIGNS YOU ARE ADDICTED TO WHATSAPP

Come on, let's admit, we spend more time on WhatsApp in a day than we actually spend in front of our computer screens at work or home. Chatting, exchanging texts, forwarding jokes and sometimes, just teasing each other with non-sense talks, that's most of us all day long.

But are you addicted to it like REALLY? Read these 10 signs and tick mark on what suits you and then decide how much WhatsApp has affected your life and how close you are to addiction!

1. If you cannot resist the urge to pick up your phone and check the message each time WhatsApp rings, you're certainly addicted to it. So much that even if you are sitting in the middle of something really important, you would make a point to check the new message first. 

2. Checking your WhatsApp messages for any new messages each time you get up in the middle of the night is a clear sign that you have surrendered your life to it. Also, if WhatsApp is the first thing in the morning after you wake up, you are in no better situation.

3. Checking "last online" of your contact list is something that is uncalled for, yet most of us do for no reason whatsoever. If someone has to message you, they will. By checking the last time they were online won't make you get a ping from them instantly. So, why bother so much?

4. Frequently checking your friends' profile pictures on WhatsApp is nothing, but a clear indication of you being inquisitive about your friends and fancy lives they are leading, which is reflected through their display pictures. Not just this, once you have seen the pic, you want to compliment them by sending a quick text. Ah, wasn't Facebook enough for this?

5. Changing your status and display pictures on WhatsApp almost every second day is a clear sign that you are addicted and cannot survive without it. It is like you have to announce it to the world whatever you are doing and, honestly, there is nothing wrong about it. Just you tend to take it a bit too seriously at times.

6. You are addicted to WhatsApp if you have a habit of continuously checking your phone again and again after you have sent someone and haven't received a reply from them for a few minutes. Is waiting that tough? Strange we don't even want to give the benefit of doubt to that person, who may genuinely be busy. 

7. If you love to forward all jokes- text, images and videos- with many in your contact list, well, you are definitely addicted. Even if the other person never acknowledges any of your forwarded messages, that won't prevent you from continuing doing so.

8. Keeping a tab on everyone's status updates on WhatsApp is another indication that you have all the time in the world to know what is happening in others' life and what is going in their mind. We do tend to judge the person on the basis of what they have posted, and also on the basis of their WhatsApp status, and if not this, then take the sarcasm as if it was aimed at us.

9. If you HAVE picked up fights or arguments with friends for a reason that, despite being online on WhatsApp, they didn't respond to your message or didn't ping you, clearly you have given your life to it. Understand it only leads to more confusions and misunderstanding.

10. Driving, eating, sleeping, working or whatever you are doing, if you reply to a WhatsApp message as soon as you receive it, clearly shows that you are addicted to the medium. Even if that means disturbing your sleep or taking the risk while driving or getting distracted from work, does not really bother you. Well, in this case, you most certainly have a problem.




FORGIVE ME LORD, FOR I HAVE SINNED




I have to say that I'm quite shocked after reading this list since, at some point in my life I might have done all of those questionable behaviors! Like an adolescent suffering from ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) who just cannot focus! Shame on me!

Therefore, I will say my prayer, in the seek of my personal redemption (and for the sake of maturity):

Forgive me Lord, for I have sinned:
Not only have I done all of the aforementioned at a point in my life,
but I have also indulged in Facebook narcissism and megalomania.

I confess that I only put up pictures of me- and what's worse, even Selfies- looking really good, when my everyday appearance may have little to do with said photos. Wanting to make a certain impression on female FB users may or may not have been related to such a demeanor.
Yes my Lord, I have indulged in FB photo imposture.

Also in many an occasion I have posted some line, message or text which I thought witty, sharp and ingenous with the intention of being complimented by other users, by means of comments of approval or just "likes". 

I also plead guilty to checking way too often (like every five minutes or so), if my new publication has more "likes" than the last time I checked.
Yes, I have been a compliment-seeker

I confess that all of the previous may be the result of vanity, conceitedness or self-admiration, all of which I know are capital sins, hence, with the present prayer I make a plea for your mercy and possibility of redemption and further salvation as, at this very moment in my life I strive for personal integrity and transcendence.

Without further ado, your servant,

J.


What about you? How much of an addiction to WhatsApp and the social media have you got?

Please, your insights on the comments box!


6 comments:

  1. What a pity! I have realized that I'm a addicted with this article. For example, I can't resist the urge to pick up my pone and check the message each time whatsapp rings and I continuously checking my pone again after I have sent someone and haven't received a reply from them for a few minutes because I'm very impatient.
    In conclusión, I'm going to try to leave the mobile in my hadbag and to put it in silence, because I have realized that it isn't worth being dependent on the mobile the whole day. So, I think it takes from you a beatiful time to do other more important things.What about you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Don't feel bad for acting like that. I guess we all do. It is undeniable that WhatsApp has had a considerable impact on our lives!
      Anyway, take notice of these:

      "I'M continuously checking..."

      Hey, but the rest reads REALLY well!

      Congrats!

      Delete
  2. WRITTEN BY TATYANA ARNALDOS JURADO


    Well, to start I'll tell I don't feel attracted to social networking sites especially, although I respect whom can have them. I don't understand the need for constant of have to announce to the world whatever you are doing, for example, if I'm having breakfast...pic of me and my 2 pieces of toast, if I'm having sunbathing...pic of me and my feet on a beach or a kiss with my boy, and so on and so forth. I'm not really interested in these aspects of the lives of other people and also think that my live wouldn't so interesting for anybody whatsover! -I think- I would only understand it do it in a sporadic form, never on a daily basis.
    Not to mention how it could be seen...let's face it, anyone spend all day long putting up pics of them is likely to be considered a vain person or that they act in a conceited way... but, as I always say there's no accounting for taste...
    It strikes also me seeing how confidently people put up pics of them in a way... you know... in bikini or in underwear, without thinking where exactly could ended up that kind of pics... I try to have highest care in this aspect, not only with my own pics, even with pics which not are mine, but I could appear in them. In the same way, mothers who put up pics of your babies or toddler completely naked because they are in a beach, I think they should have more careful in that aspect... I haven't got kids but I always have a strong feeling of protection when it comes
    to children.
    Also say that some social media used correctly, can be a great tool to keep in touch with people who unfortunately live far or very far away from you.
    Anyway, Somebody can explain to me why is impossible to delete a facebook profile or trail pics published? I know the case of a cousin of mine, she tried take it down really hard and she wasn't be able to do it. Nowadays she's still trying to do it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great words, Tatyana: if you're not particularly enthused about social networks is sort of an anomaly nowadays! You, it seems, have not bitten the bait! ;-)
      However, some corrections can be made on your writing:

      "I respect THOSE who can have them"
      "I don't understand the need to CONSTANTLY having to announce..."
      "If I'm SUNBATHING" (a verb already)
      "my LIFE wouldn't BE interesting for anybody AT ALL"
      "I would only understand it WHEN DONE sporadically"
      "let's face it, anyone WHO SPENDS/SPENDING all day..."
      "It strikes me AS STRANGE/ WEIRD... seeing how people CARELESSLY put up..."
      "... without thinking where exactly THAT KIND OF PICS could end up" (word order)
      "... mothers who put up pictures of THEIR babies" (please, stop using YOUR when meaning HIS/HER/THEIR!!!)
      "they should BE more careful/HAVE GREATER CARE"
      "I also SHOULD SAY that some..."
      "... why IT is impossible"

      Again, you might think that, considering the number of corrections, your writing has been really poor. Nothing further from the truth! Just keep these corrections into account!!!

      Thanks for posting!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Paula, thanks so much for posting!

      You're getting so good at writing in English that it's getting harder and harder to find faults with your writeups!
      Anyway, if I try hard, I can find something to contribute with!

      I'd say: "Nowadays it is easier to make travel arrangements THANKS to social networks", but it is maybe a matter of personal preference.
      "In spite of THIS,..."
      "I enjoy A LOT"
      "... all of us should be aware of the DANGERS linked with them, ESPECIALLY, if you have kids"

      Otherwise, again, an impeccable writeup!

      Delete